10 May 2012

Modern, Gleamy Bedroom


I'm wowed by this space. I've been investigating lofts, wondering how I'd divide the areas. This modern, clean bedroom styling is covetable for almost any space, loft or not.

Achieve it with lacquered, ceiling-height cabinets and a dresser, two night tables, and a simple, streamlined bed and beddingall in cool, clean, white. Keep flooring clean and light-toned, and top with a neutral area rug. The standout accents are the ceiling fixtures, with their gleamy, translucent drum-shaped screens.

The real eye catcher is the bed backdrop, which looks like a sheer curtain, suspended from a wide skylight. I'd think one could even fake the skylight using ceiling-mounted fluorescent tube fixtures, hidden by the curtain.

Can you imagine having this room? I'd love to recreate it!

Photo courtesy of DigsDigs.

No comments: